The Downtown Marceline Foundation is helping to promote an (almost) all-inclusive motorcoach trip to Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, and the Black Hills of South Dakota. A small percentage of the proceeds will be given to the Foundation so that we can continue our revitalization efforts on Main Street USA. So you’ll not only get an amazing vacation, you’ll be helping our tiny nonprofit at the same time!
This all-American trip goes for 7 days and 6 nights, and you’ll only pay the one price (per person) for everything below – that means the travel, hotels, listed meals, and tickets are included!
- Motorcoach transportation from Marceline, MO to Mount Rushmore;
- 6 nights lodging, including 4 consecutive nights in South Dakota;
- 6 breakfasts and 4 dinners;
- Tickets to the Mount Rushmore National Memorial;
- Tour of the Wildlife Loop Road at Custer State Park;
- Admission to the Journey Museum & Learning Center;
- A guided tour of Deadwood – where Wild Bill Hickok was killed on August 2, 1876, and time to do some gaming at a Deadwood Casino;
- A visit to the amazing Crazy Horse Memorial;
- A visit to the spectacular Badlands National Park;
- Most tips and gratuities, and some snacks;
The “almost everything is included” price is $1,029 per person (Double occupancy)
September 8, 2024 to September 14, 2024
- What’s not included:
- Lunches, and a couple of dinners.
- $75 holds your place.
- The $1,029 price is per person, based on double occupancy. Add $255 for single occupancy.
- Final payment is due by July 1, 2024
- Book online here, or contact Dennis Van Dyke at (660) 734-2195 or email@example.com for questions, or to book your spot.
- Check must be made out to: Diamond Tours
- Mail checks to: Dennis Van Dyke, P.O. Box 67, Marceline, MO 64658
- Get optional travel insurance: www.travelconfident.com
- Departure will be at 8am, from Walsworth Community Center, 124 E. Ritchie Ave, Marceline, MO 64658
- Day 1 – September 8, 2024
- Board the spacious, video and restroom-equipped Motorcoach and set off for the legendary Black Hills of South Dakota. That night, we’ll stop at a hotel just for a good night’s rest.
- Day 2 – September 9, 2024
- Day 3 – September 10, 2024
- We’ll start the day with a continental breakfast before heading to the Borglum Historical Center, where you’ll learn the story of Gutzon Borglum, the sculptor of Mount Rushmore. Afterward go to the Mount Rushmore National Memorial, a symbol of America’s rich history, rugged determination, and love of freedom. Then enjoy a Wildlife Loop State Scenic Byway at Custer State Park. The Wildlife Loop Road will take us through the rolling prairies and pine covered hills, offering one of the best spots in the region to view native animals in the wild. In the evening, we’ll enjoy dinner and entertainment.
- Day 4 – September 11, 2024
- After our morning continental breakfast, we’ll go to the High Plains Western Heritage Center. Then we’ll head for Deadwood, South Dakota – the former home of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane. The area is now the location of gaming establishments in beautifully restored historic hotels and saloons. This is where we’ll enjoy a guided tour of Deadwood, have some gaming excitement and later, enjoy dinner.
- Day 5 – September 12, 2024
- After the continental breakfast, the tour takes us to the Journey Museum & Learning Center, which tells the complete history of the mystical Black Hills. Afterwards, prepare for an inspirational sight – the magnificent and spectacular Crazy Horse Memorial – destined to be the world’s largest memorial upon completion. You’ll also learn about the sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski and his vision, and the loving family who continues his life’s work. That night we’ll enjoy dinner and entertainment.
- Day 6 – September 13, 2024
- Another continental breakfast before leaving, then we’re headed back to Marceline… but we’ll be stopping at the famous Corn Palace along the way. This evening we’ll relax at a hotel along the way home.
- Day 7 – September 14, 2024
- After one last continental breakfast, we’ll be on the road again, chatting with your coach-mates about all the fun things we’ve done and the great sights we’ve seen.